Monday, March 17, 2014

March Full Moon

Click on any photo to view larger images.
If you read my post about the February full moon, I said I was going back to the same location in March.  I returned to the same spot, this time with 20 members of the photography club.  Last month clouds initially obscured the moon, added color to the sky, and covered the entire scene with a golden, sunset glow.  This month the sky was absolutely clear.  The location was the same, but the photos are much different.
 Took this with my iPhone and then...
 
 with a 400 lens plus a 1.4 teleconverter attached to my Nikon.  
 This is the shot I couldn't get last month because of the clouds.
Once the moon cleared the foothills, 
I switched to a shorter lens to include some scenery 
and the reflection in the water.
Full moon shoots don't usually last very long.  The twilight blue sky darkens very quickly, and once it turns black, the photography is over. You can still get shots of just the full moon against a dark sky, but I don't think those are very interesting.  Without a change of scenery, the moon looks the same every month.
A full lunar eclipse is scheduled for April.  
That should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment