Monday, February 17, 2014

Full Moon Rising

Click on any photo to view larger images.
I drive by the water ski ponds next to Monterey Road and just past Metcalf Road, every week on my way to San Jose to play Pickleball.  The pond is basically a wide section of Coyote Creek, which for most of its length, parallels the scenic Coyote Creek Trail from Morgan Hill to San Jose.  It finally hit me one day that this could be a good place to photograph a full moon.  I was right.
I had to wait for the moon to clear the clouds, 
which was just as well since the electrical towers were in the way.
Behind me a sky full of clouds and the setting sun
were producing a marvelous light show, 
but I kept my camera focused on the moon.
 The light show added a golden glow to
everything in sight.
 I liked this spot so much, I'm going back in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment